Bath & Body

Eucalyptus Benefits for Bath, Body, and Aromatherapy

eucalyptus oil 1080x1080Eucalyptus Oil is an often requested ingredient at Brown Barn Botanicals. We love to incorporate Eucalyptus into Brown Barn Botanicals formulations for its powerful skin and aromatherapy benefits. If used regularly, Eucalyptus oil can have positive widespread effects on your overall well-being.

Eucalyptus oil comes from the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree. The oil ranges from pale green to colorless. It has a pleasantly strong, woody, almost sweetly antiseptic scent. Currently almost 5% of Eucalyptus oil originates from Australia with the bulk of the remaining 95% coming from China.

The benefits of Eucalyptus oil include:

  • Analgesic
  • Antibacterial
  • Anticatarrhal
  • Anti-Infectious
  • Anti-Inflammatory
  • Antiviral
  • Antispasmodic
  • Insecticidal
  • Expectorant


Eucalyptus can contribute to an overall healthy glow when used in bath and body products. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help to cleanse skin and address wounds, boils, acne, rashes, and bug bites. It works well for oily skin and acne prone skin to help get ahead of body acne.


Adding Eucalyptus oil to your bath and body routine can ease sore muscles and help relax you. At Brown Barn Botanicals we love including Eucalyptus oil in our body oils and scrubs. Our Fiddlehead Forest Collection features a beautiful blend of Eucalyptus and Spearmint essential oils.

Fiddlehead Forest Oil 500x500For an effective muscle relaxing therapeutic massage or deep hydrating skin treatment try Brown Barn’s Fiddlehead Forest body oil. This nourishing body oil is made with Wisconsin cold pressed Sunflower Oil that has been solar infused using our own farm grown blend of skin loving herbs with a lovely added Eucalyptus and Spearmint essential oil blend. (See our blog “Body Oil or Body Lotion” for more about using Body Oil.)

We love products that can pull double duty. Fiddlehead Forest body scrub does just that. As you scrub you are naturally massaging your muscles while exfoliating – who can ask for more from one product? This product works great in the bath or shower and is a gender neutral scent.

Fiddlehead Forest Scrub 1080


fiddlehead forest collection with floral 1080The scent of Eucalyptus oil can be overpowering if only used in a diffuser. Using Fiddlehead Forest in your bath or shower adds extra aromatherapy to relax and soothe. When adding body oil to warm bath water Steam from the warm water will carry the Eucalyptus oil to your nostrils where you can inhale deeply and enjoy the aromatherapy benefits of this amazing oil.

For the same effect in the shower simply apply a heavy layer of Fiddlehead Forest Body Oil to chest, shoulders, and upper arms before stepping into the shower. When warm water hits your body the steam will carry the scent to your nostrils. You’ll also enjoy silky smooth skin. Be careful stepping from the shower as body oil can make the shower slippery.

Eucalyptus oil is not water soluble. That means you must mix it into a bath product in order to reap its benefits in the tub or shower. Brown Barn Botanicals offers its Eucalyptus based scent, Fiddlehead Forest, in Bath Salts, Bath Bombs, Sugar Scrub, Body Oil, and in a convenient Aromatherapy roll on to carry the relaxing goodness with you throughout the day.

As is true with all plant based ingredients, use with caution to avoid a negative reaction and with children. Contact your physician if symptoms of toxicity arise; or contact your physician before using if you are pregnant, taking medication, are using on a child, or if you have questions as to your personal tolerance for Eucalyptus oil.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.